08 January 2018 // comments: 0
Beef Broth – Fan Favorite
This is brought to us by Natural Healing Center Fan – Chris Oldham.
Chris says homemade organic Beef Broth is her ‘go-to’ for those cold winter evenings when she is curled up with a book. And helps your immune system to boot!
The process is pretty easy and has simple ingredients that you probably have in your fridge already.
Ingredients – All Organic
- 4 pounds beef bones with marrow
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium onions, unpeeled, sliced in half lengthwise and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled and smashed
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5-6 sprigs fresh parsley
- ¼ cup Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 18-20 cups cold water
- Place all ingredients in a 10-quart capacity crock-pot.
- Add in water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce and simmer gently. Skim fat that rises to the surface periodically.
- Simmer for 24-48 hours.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove all solids and strain the liquid through a colander or cheesecloth. Let stock broth cool to room temperature, cover, and chill.
- Use within a week or you can freeze for up to 3 months.
Beef bone broth is one of the most healing foods you can consume. It’s rich in nutrients like gelatin and glycine, which help to protect and heal a leaky gut, skin and digestive tract.
Share your favorite Beef Broth recipe. You can add it to the comments or email to Renee@NaturalHealingCenter.US and we can feature your recipes!