For the Pesto Spaghetti Squash:
- 1 large spaghetti squash, roasted
- 1 large crown broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups of chard, chopped
- 1/2 cup Homemade Pesto, using our Pesto Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
For the Crispy Salmon:
- 1 (1-pound) salmon fillet
- 2 tsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- fresh or dried dill to taste
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch sea salt, to taste
- Cook the spaghetti squash according to these instructions, and prepare the pesto sauce using our Homemade Pesto Recipe .
- When the spaghetti squash is about 10 minutes from being finished, sauté the vegetables. To do so, heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots and broccoli and stir well. Cover, stirring occasionally, until vegetables reach desired done-ness, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the spinach, cover, and continue cooking until wilted, about 2 minutes
- Once the spaghetti squash has finished roasting and is cool enough to handle, use a fork to release the “spaghetti” strands, then add them to the skillet with the sautéed vegetables. Add the pesto sauce and sea salt and stir well. Taste the veggies for flavor and add more pesto sauce or sea salt to taste.
Cook the salmon:
- Turn the oven on the high broil setting. Lightly spray or oil a casserole dish and place salmon fillet in it. Drizzle salmon with avocado oil and use your hands to smooth it over the flesh so that all the flesh is lightly coated in oil. Sprinkle with dill, ginger, and sea salt.
- Broil on the second to the top shelf of the oven for 10 to 15 minutes (depending on thickness of fish), until salmon is golden-brown and crispy. Allow salmon to rest 5 minutes before cutting into smaller pieces for serving.
Prepare the Bowls:
Divide the spaghetti squash and sautéed vegetables between 2 or 3 bowls. Top with crispy salmon and serve.