Prep: 10 mins Cook: 1 hour Total: 1 hour, 10 mins yield: 6-8
- 1 cup almonds or pecans, finely ground in blender until flour-like (or almond flour)
- 3 Tbsp of coconut oil plus some to grease the pie pan
- 1 egg
- Cinnamon powder (1/4-1/2 tsp or to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can of pumpkin (nothing added) or approx. 2 cups of homemade pureed pumpkin with excess liquid drained
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 teaspoon stevia liquid (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp of pumpkin pie spices or about 2 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp each of cloves, ginger, and nutmeg
- 1 tsp natural vanilla
- coconut milk to thin (no more than about 1/3 cup)
Credit to Wellness Mama
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease pie pan with coconut oil and mix crust ingredients by hand in a medium-sized bowl.
- Press crust into bottom and sides of pie pan and put in the oven while making the filling.
- In the same bowl, combine the filling ingredients (except coconut milk) and mix using an immersion blender. If you don’t have one of these, use a regular blender or food processor. A hand-mixer will not get it as smooth! It should be smooth and spreadable, but not really pourable. Add coconut milk if needed to think slightly.
- After 10-15 minutes, remove crust and return as it barely starts to brown.
- Pour/smooth the filling over the crust and return to oven for about an hour or until center is no longer jiggly. Will set more as it cools.
- Top with coconut cream of whipped heavy cream and some chopped pecans.