This yields a 1/2 batch- for full-sized batch, double all ingredients and use a 13×9 pan)
- 10 oz canned pumpkin (1/3 of a large can)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa- the darker the better!
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- sweetener to taste (suggested: 4 Tbsp truvia, or 40+ drops of liquid stevia)
- 2 eggs
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 Tbsp truvia, or 2-3 drops liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients except sweetener and eggs
- After those are mixed, add sweetener to taste
- When sweetness is at desired level, add the eggs
- Pour into 9×9 or 12×8 pan greased with coconut oil. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes
- After it’s completely cool, you can add topping
- DO NOT SHAKE COCONUT MILK. Open can and the thickest part will be at the top. Scoop this into a bowl. Leave water part (not needed).
- Add cocoa and sweetener and beat with a fork.
- When you refrigerate, it gets harder, but its really easy to beat soft again and tastes almost like Cool Whip!
- Wait until bars are completely cool to frost, store in fridge. Can keep up to 3-4 days or longer if frozen.